Workshop: Taking the Risk Out of Innovation
Innovation is risky business. Explore your tolerance for risk, get more comfortable with moving out of your comfort zone, and learn how an orientation to experimentation makes innovation easier.
Watch the video!
Innovation is all about new; it challenges status quo, creates change and tests our tolerance for risk.
And while we can understand and rationalize the need for risk taking to fuel innovation, as individuals engaging in the process of innovation we grapple with a different risk: the risk of moving out of our comfort zone and overcoming one of our greatest fears – failure.
This highly interactive workshop examines our relationship to risk-taking in innovation. Participants begin to envision risk-taking as an opportunity for concrete experimentation, and understand how learning from failure can become their bridge to success.
Through gamification, visual media, dialogue and creative problem solving, participants explore what stimulates and discourages risk taking in the workplace. They develop ideas and insights into how they can develop safe practices that encourage risk taking and learning from failure.
- Develop key insights into how tolerance for difference and risk informs your work.
- Shift your paradigm on the nature of risk and increase your personal tolerance for risk.
- Gain new insights to your organization’s attitude towards risk-taking.
- Develop ideas for engaging in safe practices for risk-taking and learning from failure
- Develop key insights into the challenge “How do we experience risk and what’s the opportunity to take more risk in our innovation efforts?”